Writing a book can be a challenging but rewarding endeavour. For all you aspiring authors out there in Vancouver, we have just the event for you. On March 6, LifeTree Media is co-hosting a Book Publishing Boot Camp with Pink Velvet Couch, an all-day conference for women entrepreneurs on what it takes to plan, write, publish and market a nonfiction book that can boost your business, showcase your expertise, and build your personal or professional brand.
You’ll hear from an expert lineup of publishers, editors, agents, marketing experts and published authors, including:
- Nancy Flight, Greystone Books
- Robert Mackwood, Seventh Avenue Literary Agency
- Zoe Grams, ZG Communications
In the afternoon, our own publisher Maggie Langrick will deliver an interactive, deep-dive presentation on how to develop a book concept that will reach your target readers and meet your objectives.
We’ll round out the day with a lively, candid panel discussion with successful published authors who can tell you what it was really like.
This event will be a fun and informative day of keynote presentations, panel discussions and interactive exercises, covering:
- The changing publishing landscape: Who the players are, and how the business works.
- Self-publishing, traditional or hybrid: Which one is right for you?
- Marketing your book: Tips and tricks from traditional book publicists and guerrilla book marketers.
- Sponsorship strategies: How even first-time authors can garner in-kind sponsorship and financial backing from corporations, small businesses and big-mouth influencers, presented by Charmaine Hammond from Raise a Dream.
- What sells in today’s market: What agents, editors, publishers and book buyers look for.
- How to write the right book for you: In-depth interactive workshop to help you develop a book concept that will reach your target readers and meet your objectives, presented by our publisher, Maggie Langrick.
- What is it really like? Published authors share their stories and lessons learned.
Early-bird tickets for our Book Publishing Boot Camp are just $149, including lunch.
Latest posts by Jesmine Cham (see all)
- “Writing my book gave me a deeper understanding of my work”: Dr. Vanessa Lapointe’s author journey - December 5, 2019
- “Writing is a battle cry against self-doubt”: Claire Booth on becoming a published author - October 22, 2019
- LifeTree Media to Publish Business Book from Retail Industry Expert Steve Dennis - September 24, 2019