What kind of books does LifeTree Media Publish?
We publish nonfiction books and ebooks that help, heal and inspire. Here are some of the categories we’re most interested in.
Personal Development and Transformation
- Personal growth, self-actualization
- Human potential
- Contemporary philosophy
- Life path / purpose
- Productivity and time-management
- Popular sociology
- Gender theory
- Meditation and mindfulness
Health and Wellness
- Psychology and self-help
- Relationships, dating and marriage
- Sex and sexuality
- Trauma and abuse
- Diet and nutrition
- Grief and bereavement
- Cancer and disease management
- Cognition and brain function
- Eating disorders
- Sleep dysfunction
Leadership and Business
- Corporate social responsibility
- Digital transformation
- Values-based leadership
- Personal finance
- Authentic marketing
- Personal branding
- Career planning
- Groundbreaking business insights
We don’t publish fiction or poetry of any kind. As much as we love it, it’s just not our specialty.
Could you be a LifeTree author?
There are many good reasons to publish a book, and just as many potential benefits, some of which offer significant returns that can even outweigh revenues from in-store sales. You may want to:
- Share your knowledge with the world and help people who need it
- Tell your company’s story, or share your organization’s philosophy
- Consolidate a career’s worth of experience and information
- Enhance your credibility as an expert in your field
- Boost your rates as a keynote speaker or course leader
- Take advantage of “back of the room” sales opportunities
- Raise the profile of your practice or business
We take our client relationships to heart, so we’re selective about who we work with. Although there’s no strict set of acceptance criteria beyond the requirement that you fit into one of our publishing categories (see above), have a look at the guidelines below to see if you think we might be a good fit for each other.
- Exceptionally high editorial and design standards in line with better traditional publishers. Our highest commitment is to the quality of your book, and we will approach every phase of its development with impassioned creativity and constructive criticism to make it the very best that it can be.
- Rigorous content development, including expert developmental editing, one-on-one coaching, and custom design by our team of industry award-winning book design specialists.
- Personal service and attentive client care. You will work closely with a dedicated project manager, editor and designer throughout the process.
- Thorough organization. A full budget and schedule breakdown and regular status reports ensure you remain in the loop and on track.
- Personalized author branding; bespoke marketing strategy and implementation. From social media training to author videos to traditional publicity campaigns, we can provide or source all the support you need.
- Full service publishing, from concept stage to in-store print book and ebook distribution.
- Excellence. Quite frankly, we believe we are the best the world has to offer as an alternative to traditional publishing and self-publishing.
- Have an original, compelling idea or unique information that, with the right support, could be moulded into a whip-smart book concept within one of the categories above.
- Are serious about writing your book now, and prepared to put considerable time and energy into seeing it through.
- Have proven expertise in your subject area.
- Have demonstrable writing ability in any capacity, including academic papers, blogging, published articles and unpublished work.
- Are prepared to fund the development and production of your book to completion.
- Have a growing platform: an established blog with measurable engagement, exposure to speaking circuit audiences, active on social media presence, high profile within your industry or other claim to celebrity.
- Don’t need to have an agent.
- Don’t need to have a book proposal.
- Don’t need to have written a book before or previously published any work (but do see the point above, regarding writing ability).
- We are constantly on the lookout for talented new voices and brands whose values align with ours. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you about your book idea.